Located in New York City, this company went into business in the 1890s. Their first store was at 161 Bowery Street, and they later relocated to 200-201 Grand Street. During the 1920s over fifty workers were employed, making banjos, banjo ukes, guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, and violins. The name was changed to Favilla Guitars, Inc. in 1959, and the business was moved to 57 Front Street, where it remained until 1963 when it moved again, this time East Farmingdale, Long Island. The last instruments were built in 1973.
The Favilla Brothers banjo ukulele was a rather plain instrument with dot inlay on the fingerboard and a resonator. The back of the peghead was stamped MADE BY / FAVILLA BROS. / NEW YORK, N.Y. U.S.A.
For a lot more information regarding the history of the company, and many pictures of instruments, Click Here
To return to the home page, Click Here